- Scale, performance, and value. Run your workloads on Google's infrastructure, paying only for what you use.
- Flexibility and an Open Environment. Launch virtual machines with a variety of configurations using layer 3 load balancing to distribute work loads, or manage your workloads with additional solutions that were developed with our ecosystem of partners like RightScale , OpsCode , and Puppet Labs .
- Predictable Performance. Deploy your applications on an infrastructure designed for strong isolation of users' actions with access to consistently fast and dependable core technologies.
- Strong Security. Use built-in data privacy and security capabilities with data encryption on disk.
Install the Cloud SDK
- Python 2.6.x or 2.7.x.
gcutil is distributed as part of the Cloud SDK , which contains tools and libraries for managing resources on Google Cloud Platform.
Installing on Linux or Mac OS X
Download and install the Cloud SDK.
You can download and install the Cloud SDK using the following command:
$ curl https://sdk.cloud.google.com | bash
Alternatively, if you do not want to use
curl, you can download and unzip the package manually:
- Download google-cloud-sdk.zip
Unzip the file:
$ unzip google-cloud-sdk.zip
Run the installation script:
Follow the prompts to complete the setup. When prompted if you would like to update your system path, select
Restart your terminal to allow changes to your
PATHto take affect.
You can also run
source ~/. <bash-profile-file>if you want to avoid restarting your terminal.
to the Google Cloud
platform by running:
$ gcloud auth login
Installing on Windows
Start a Google Compute Engine instance using gcloud compute .
Set your Compute Engine
$ gcloud config set project PROJECT
Create and start a virtual machine (VM) instance.
$ gcloud compute instances create example-instance
Log in to the instance.
$ gcloud compute ssh example-instance
- Set your Compute Engine project ID .